Finance & Operations
January 15, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are happy to announce we are currently representing an established client who is looking for an Underwriting Data Analyst. The client specialises in the acquisition and management of insurance and reinsurance companies, and works to provide consulting, management and other services to the insurance and reinsurance sector.
- Supporting the Data Governance Group by:
- Analysing deficiencies in the data held in the clients systems used for reporting and decision making purposes.
- Working with the users and owners of the data to identify solutions.
- Compiling data flows, data directories, and data templates to help ensure the data requirements are fully understood and documented.
- Compiling and maintaining the data dictionary to enable consumers of data to understand where data is stored and use it appropriately.
- Supporting data improvement initiatives by analysing data requirements of key users and how data fields should be mapped and conformed to the client’s data model.
- Compiling and maintaining all data documentation in order to comply with best practice.
- In addition to these key responsibilities, a successful candidate may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the client may reasonably require.
Key Skills/ Knowledge/ Attributes of a Suitable Candidate
- Must be experienced in:
- Insurance data, including Lloyd’s, London market and International.
- Being highly organised and methodical, with an eye for detail
- Working with insurance data and enjoying having a ‘data mind set’
- Communicating with other team members at all levels
- Having a ‘can do’ attitude and be willing to run with a variety of different tasks.
- Proficient use of MS Office applications:
- Excel- Must be able to work with large data sets, use pivot tables and other functions (e.g. VLOOKUP, SUMIF).
- PowerPoint- Requirement for production of reports.
- Visio- Required for production of process flow documentation.
- Preferably experienced in:
- An Insurance finance and/or actuarial role, working with complex datasheets held in multiple systems.
- Best practice data management and processes
- Reviewing processes within an insurance operational function, identifying areas for improvement and producing associated documentation.
- Data cleansing tasks within policy administration systems.