Risk Governance (Audit, Risk & Compliance)
July 30, 2018
An international Run Off specialist with strong financial backing is currently seeking a U.K Head of Regulation and Compliance. Based in their London Head Quarters this role will lead the U.K Companies compliance function. Facing off to the regulators (FCA & PRA) and increasing the relationship. Currently the compliance structure is in good stead from the previous appointee since they retired and has been kept in check by part time contractors. The company would like a full time appointed person to take on this role who comes from a strong Insurance background with established ties to both regulators. Reporting to the C.O.O and the Group Head of Compliance you will have one direct report who will assist in your deliverables. This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong regulation and compliance professional to come on board, pick up deliverables and be able to put their own stamp on the compliance plan.
- Developing and overseeing control systems to ensure ongoing compliance with external legal and regulatory requirements and internal policies, procedures and processes.
- Evaluating the efficiency of such controls and improve them continuously.
- Identifying and mitigating emerging and previously hidden compliance risks.
- Conducting the annual compliance risk assessment of the UK entities and service operations and delivering their annual compliance plans.
- Reviewing and developing the UK Companies’ corporate governance suite and other company policies.
- Assisting the COO in preparation of internal procedure and process documents.
- Collaborating with legal and HR to monitor enforcement of regulations and standards.
- Assessing future business acquisitions to identify possible compliance risks.
- Identifying compliance training requirements for all UK staff.
- Keeping abreast of all regulatory developments and assessing their impact on the UK companies, providing recommendations for changes to policies, procedures, processes or conduct.
- Preparing and presenting compliance reports to the UK companies’ boards, attending Board meetings as required.
- Coordinating and managing all aspects of the UK Companies’ relations with Prudential Regulatory Authorities (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- (Assisting in the calculation of Individual Capital Assessments (ICA’s) for each of the UK/Europe companies. This will involve interaction with internal and external Actuaries.)
- Assisting in the management of all aspects of any capital extraction agreed for UK and European companies, coordinating the annual capital distribution.
- Assisting the Head of Group Internal Audit in reviewing other group companies, subject to a defined schedule. This will include responsibility for the preparation of London Companies for Internal Audit.
- Overseeing the maintenance of PRA/FCA Correspondence records and Company Secretarial records.
Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years of non-life re/insurance run-off experience in the London insurance market and a proven track record in compliance and regulatory management
- A strong understanding of the Insurance/Reinsurance regulatory environment.
- Proactive decision-maker, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner in the senior management team
- Experience with collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic work environment and a strong problem solving approach
- Effective communicator at all levels within the organization, with strong oral and written skills and the demonstrated ability to share information and use information to guide decision-making
- Demonstrated experience with information technology and people management
- Resourceful in setting priorities, guiding strategy, and achieving efficiencies
- Exceptional people leader capabilities