Responsibilities will include:
- Performing monthly close processes such as underwriting data reconciliations, bank reconciliations, journal postings and other balance sheet reconciliations/revaluations.
- Responsible for the calculation and monitoring of intragroup reinsurance balances.
- Producing monthly trial balances and management accounts.
- Preparation of the accounting and planning of stock compensation expense.
- Assisting with the consolidation of the Group’s subsidiaries.
- Providing timely and accurate data for inclusion in quarterly Board and Executive Management reporting and annual GAAP Financial Statements in accordance with Group timetables.
- Maintaining and improving internal controls and procedures documentation.
- Assisting with financial guidance and relevant analyses.
- Maintaining consistent communication with the financial controller and senior management team on the status of the projects assigned, as well as relevant accounting-related issues that may arise from such projects.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Prior Big 4 experience with 3-5 years’ PQE preferably gained in an insurance/reinsurance environment.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of applications with advanced Excel skills.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of US GAAP for insurance accounting.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (previous experience with Oracle and SAP Concur preferred but not required).
- Advanced and proven financial, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of the finance team and other key stakeholders across different functions within the organization