August 4, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with a leading wealth management firm to place a Technical Accounting Specialist for a 6 month contract in Southampton. This role will be responsible for the delivery of Finance projects and process improvements, and also providing technical expertise on the finance aspects of the company- wide projects.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Leading the technical support for the design and delivery of finance projects; and finance aspects of company- wide projects.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement is in place by identifying and implementing improvements to the efficiency and quality of processes within the Finance Department.
- Coach and develop Reporting Teams in Finance following the adoption of process changes arising from project developments.
- Strong, proactive risk and controls management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and corporate policies following the standards and methodologies defined within the Risk Management Framework.
- Involvement in systems management and developments for allocated projects- gap analysis, process design and build, documentation and dry runs.
- Training and handover of completed processes to BAU team.
- Work as part of a wider project delivery team, communicating progress on deliverables and managing stakeholders as required.
A strong candidate for this role should have a selection of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant, or by experience.
- Educated to Degree Level.
- Experience in working with the Financial Services sector, preferably unit linked life assurance and pensions.
- Developed depth and breadth of expertise within a similar reporting environment.
- Proven experience in developing reporting processes/ process improvement activity.
- Experience in the preparation of regulatory reports is desirable.
- Experience of systems (eg JDE, HFM etc).
- Knowledge and understanding of standards and regulations.
- Experience of project and change activity within a Finance team.
- Excellent communication skills and Stakeholder management.
- Highly competent in the use of MS, and excel in particular.
- Proven experience of building and maintain positive working relationships.
For more information on this role, contact the team at Edenbrook on 020 7952 1062.