Finance & Operations
Edenbrook Partners are working with a speciality underwriters in the Lloyd’s insurance market to place the role of a ‘Solvency II Reporting Manager’. The purpose of this role is to work within the finance team to manage the development and implementation of new reporting processes to meet Solvency II Pillar III requirements. This role will report into the Head of Accounting and Reporting and has responsibility for the maintenance and implementation of all Solvency II tasks including the introduction of process improvements.
The Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Co-ordinate and manage the Pillar III implementation plan, and regularly update evidence templates covering valuation and reporting, gap analysis, process, controls, and spreadsheet documentation.
- Act as “Subject Matter Expert” during the finalisation of new Solvency II reporting systems testing, embedded new systems within business as usual.
- Developing and updating a database of all material Solvency II regulation affecting the companies Pillar III reporting requirements, and maintain expert judgement and policy and procedures.
- Attend Lloyd’s workshops and keep up to date with Solvency II development, and provide training to the department on Solvency II regulations/ updates.
- Responsible for the design and development of process improvements, in order to ensure the efficient and accurate production of data. This might require involvement in projects, as a project manager or a team member.
- Ad hoc projects when required.
A strong candidate for this role should have the following skills and experience
- Exposure to Solvency II Pillar 3 project or reporting work.
- Exposure to the Lloyd’s market as an accountant or an auditor.
- Experience in reporting activities to senior management committees.
- Working knowledge of insurance accounting, UK GAAP etc.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- A CIMA/ACCA/CA/CPA.
- An ability to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- The ability to be autonomous and take responsibility for finding solutions to problems.
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced skills in the use of excel (pivot tables, vlookups, linked data)
For more information on this role contact the team at Edenbrook Partners on 020 7952 1060