Finance & Operations
January 27, 2020
Edenbrook are working with a global investment company to source a Senior Group Technical Accountant.
This role is responsible for supporting the overall preparation and design of the new Group’s reporting. The role also involves producing papers for the Group Audit Committee and supporting the delivery of change impacting the Group reporting processes. It is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic accountant to be involved in establishing the financial reporting for a new listed group.
- To support the Group Financial Reporting Manager in the overall design and production of the Group consolidated financial statements and Solvency 2 Pillar III reporting for all reporting periods
- To support and/or lead the process to produce the other financial sections of Group reporting
- Production of sections of the Board and Group Executive Committee monthly reporting as directed by the Group Financial Reporting Manager
- Input to papers required for the Group Audit Committee relating to the Group reporting process, excluding the technical analyses
- To support and/or lead the implementation of new accounting standards
- Actively contribute to the delivery of other finance change projects that impact the Group reporting process
- To support and/or lead the delivery of initiatives required as part of the demerger project to ensure Group reporting processes meet all reporting and control requirements of a newly listed plc
- To liaise with the external auditors, ensuring that timescales are communicated and agreed and the auditors’ requirements are met to ensure timely completion of their work
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customer outcomes and a reduction in the companys operational risk
- Qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS and Solvency 2 reporting requirements
- Detailed knowledge of financial reporting regulatory requirements and legislatory frameworks
- Experience of dealing with complex transactions and associated accounting
- Good knowledge of industry trends, best practice and developments, good networks / links with external bodies and individuals in the same field
- Significant experience of the production and delivery of financial reporting in a life and pensions organisation. Asset management experience is also beneficial
- Experience of delivering finance change programmes
- Highly analytical and skilled problem solver, with a strong commercial mind-set, and the ability to distil complex ideas or problems into simple, effective plans and solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence effectively with productive, successful relationships with demanding senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage tensions and conflicts to achieve outcomes that work for all parties.
- Ability to assess, react quickly and decisively to problems, taking tough decisions where needed