Finance & Operations
November 27, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with one of the world’s leading providers of health insurance to place the role of a Senior Global Accountant. This role will be part of the Global Reporting Team, working with the Regulatory Reporting sub team responsible for the production of the Group ORSA, capital planning, forecasting and monitoring, and the maintenance of the Solvency II framework.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Supporting the production of the Bupa Group ORSA report including:
- Management of the timetable for the production of ORSA components.
- Consideration of the appropriateness of the ORSA components.
- Assessment of potential improvement to the ORSA components.
- Consideration of regulatory guidance on the ORSA.
- Drafting of the ORSA report.
- Management of the ORSA governance process.
- Ownership of the ORSA components produced by the Regulatory Reporting Team.
- Supporting in the management and review of ORSA components produced by other teams.
- Ownership of the calculation of and analytics over the plan solvency position for Group.
- Produce monthly and quarterly capital monitoring and reporting for Group.
- Production of the forecast Solvency position, to be used as a base in the assessment of potential investment opportunities.
- Support the development of the technical framework for Solvency II pillar I, II and III reporting:
- Documentation of the technical framework.
- Monitoring and consideration of PRA updates.
- Development of the internal capital reporting framework.
- Production of ad-hoc returns including:
- International Capital Standards while in the development phase.
- PRA ad hoc data requests
- Responses to EIOPA consultations.
The client are looking for an ambitious individual with strong regulatory reporting, communications and stakeholder management skills from an insurance environment.
A strong candidate for this role should have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A professional accounting qualification
- Understanding of the finance function within a global financial services business, ideally within insurance.
- Experience of working within large processes with multiple stakeholders (e.g. other finance functions, senior management, external advisors and project teams.)
- Excellent spoken and written communication; including preparation of presentations, accounting papers and external reporting.
If this role is of interest to you, contact the team at Edenbrook on 020 7952 1062.