Edenbrook partners are working with a provider of health and life insurance to find a Senior Global Accountant to join their Corporate Centre Finance Department. This role is responsible for working within a team to manage the Statutory Reporting process and being part of a technical centre of excellence to finance colleagues across the organisation.
The responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
– Preparation of the Group’s consolidated statutory accounts for the Full Year and Half Year.
– Preparation of the statutory accounts and disclosures for the Group’s UK insurance entity for Full Year: Coordination and production of the Group’s Annual Report.
– Provide advice and guidance to facilitate the accounting for complex commercial transactions.
– Producing an environment of continuous improvements to ensure that all reporting is conducted to the highest possible standard in the most efficient manner.
– Taking the lead on high profile commercial projects and ad-hoc tasks, which will provide exposure to a number of senior manager.
– Taking a key role in coaching and developing more junior members of the team.
– Liaise with the Group auditors to ensure they receive appropriate information to perform their audit.
A candidate for the role should have the following skills and experience:
– Qualified accountant (ACCA/ ACA) with a minimum of three years of experience.
– Group reporting/ consolidations experience
– Clear understanding of financial controls and importance of data integrity.
– Experience of coordinating large processes with multiple stakeholders.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills, including preparation of executive presentations.
– Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint (preferable experience working with systems such as Cognos and TM1)