London, West Sussex
Finance & Operations
February 10, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with a multinational general insurance company head quartered in London to place a Senior Finance Business Partner role for their Retail division. This role will serve as the link between the Finance and Retail sides of the business and will be an integral part of the Retail Leadership Team. A successful candidate will bring value to the organisation through an intimate understanding of the retail business, an ability to contribute to business performance and an ability to align financial requirements with the business needs of the retail function.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Representing the Retail business area within the finance function, and vice versa, in order to facilitate mutual understanding, alignment and the prompt and effective resolution of any issues that arise.
- Developing and maintaining relationships in the Retail business area to stay up-to-date on business developments and enable immediate engagement when action of support is required.
- Engaging with the leadership team of the Retail business area and the Finance function to agree the services to be provided by Finance. (E.g. routine management information requirements, ad hoc reporting and managing service delivery to ensure the agreed requirements are met.
- Partnering with the Retail business function, being on the leadership team and taking the Finance lead on:
- Development of financially sound business strategies.
- Monitoring the performance of both Retail business and Finance function.
- Identifying/ Evaluating business opportunities, risks and issues and assessing their financial implications.
It is desired that a successful candidate for this role have the following skills and experience:
- 3-5 years post qualified accountant.
- Professional expertise in finance
- Working effectively to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong skills using Microsoft office programmes including advanced Excel.
- A key understanding of the retail side of the business.
For more information about this role contact Edenbrook partners on 020 7952 1062.