Finance & Operations
March 17, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with a multinational reinsurer of life insurance to place the role of Reporting Financial Accountant to support the Finance Control Manager facing the European side of the business. A successful candidate in this role will assist with complying to Solvency II Pillar III reporting obligations and support the performance of controls and accounting for various month and quarter end tasks for the European arm of the business.
The key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsibility for compliance obligations for Solv II Pillar III Reporting, including:
- Maintaining integrity of underlying books and records for relevant entities;
- Performing the Financial Close Process for the quarterly reporting, annual reports and ad hoc reporting to the authorities;
- Managing the quarterly and annual reporting process by ensuring deadlines are met jointly by the Finance and Corporate Actuarial Department;
- Preparing and presenting Quarterly and Annual MI Packs to senior management, CFO and Chief Actuary.
- Delivering high quality output for quarterly and annual reporting e.g. Quantitative Reporting Template (“QRTs”); National Statistic Templates (“NSTs”); Sections of the Solvency and Financial Condition Report and Regulatory Solvency Reporting.
- Maintaining and regularly updating the SII Policy Documents;
- Preparing Board and Audit Committee Packs as required;
- Being the first point of contact for the auditors.
- Responsible for month and quarter end accounting and control for US GAAP and IFRS Reporting Basis, including but not limited to;
- Technical Provisions
- Reinsurance Receivables and Payables;
- Corporation tax;
- Ad hoc projects and requests from Director, Financial Control and Treasury or Financial Control Manager.
A successful candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Up to 2 years post qualified ACA coming from Big 6 accounting firm (preferably Big 4).
- Ability to produce high quality work within agreed deadlines.
- Ability to manage expectations of managers and external stake holders.
- A demonstrative ability to take responsibility for quality, completeness and accuracy of work.
- Strong ability to communicate and interact with key members of staff to resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
For more information about this role and others contact the team at Edenbrook Partners on 0207 952 1062.