Finance & Operations
August 4, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with a major global health insurance provider to place the role of a Reinsurance Accountant. The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the management of the financial reporting and accounting in related reinsurance partners of the company. This is coupled with supporting the Head of Finance (Reinsurance) in ensuring that the business delivers strong financial management of reinsurance.
The Main Responsibilities for this role include:
- Financial management of the company’s reinsurance arrangements.
- Provision of timely and accurate reporting to external reinsurance partners.
- Provision of internal reporting and MI for reinsurance arrangements, highlighting key trends and performance to relevant stakeholders.
- Cash management of the reinsurance arrangement, liaising with external partners.
- Ensuring that all contractual financial elements of reinsurance agreements are adhered to.
- Ensuring that reinsurance accounting is appropriately implemented and adhered to within the business and aligns with group policy.
- Guaranteeing a robust control environment for reinsurance accounting in the company.
- Working with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure new reinsurance arrangements are correctly implemented within finance and the wider business.
A Strong Candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record in financial reporting, ideally in a multi-currency, global environment.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Highly numerate with ability to process financial data quickly, and strong attention to detail.
- Evidence of pro-active approach to improving processes and controls.
- Track record of working effectively within a team environment.
- Track record of achieving and exceeding targeted objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS.
For more information about this role, contact the team at Edenbrook on 0207 952 1062.