£50000-£60000 / p.a
Risk Governance (Audit, Risk & Compliance)
March 9, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with internationally recognised ratings agency to place the role of a Financial Analyst for their international clients. The purpose of this role is to perform credit analysis on a portfolio or insurance and reinsurance clients across South America and in Europe. This credit analysis will be conducted under the guidance of the analytical team leader.
The key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- As the primary analyst, a successful candidate will take responsibility for timely and high quality assessments on a portfolio of (re)insurers, as well as producing accurate and informative publications to support the credit decision.
- Conduct on-going surveillance of assigned portfolios and develop industry knowledge, including the identification of key trends and issues that may affect the assigned portfolio of (re)insurers.
- Present analysis at rating committee, participating in rating committees of other analysts, and contribute to internal discussions regarding the state of the (re)insurance markets and rating issues.
- Contribute to external presentations, seminars and the writing and research of external specialist reports commenting on key market issues and trends. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to develop a network of contacts in the (re)insurance market (including clients, brokers and other stakeholders)
- Regular interaction with senior management of clients as required to attend company meeting, with support from more senior colleagues, to obtain relevant information to support the credit assessment.
A successful Candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of the insurance market and principals of finance and accounting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid experience of conducting financial analysis, ideally within the insurance sector or wider financial services.
- Experience of developing and managing professional relationships with clients.
- Excellent organisation and administration skills.
- Fluent in a mainland European language.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree, ideally in maths, accounting, finance or economics.
For more information on this role contact the team at Edenbrook at 02079521062.