Risk Governance (Audit, Risk & Compliance)
February 6, 2018
Experienced Compliance Officer is required to specialise in prudential compliance and governance with a leading Insurance company based in Central London. You will act as the primary point of contact for the PRA on any queries they may have and ensure that any prudential changes are communicated throughout the business, producing regular reports on prudential activity.
It will be your responsibility to work closely with the PRA to give assurance that the business are managing all risks set out in a satisfactory manner. You will also be required to advise the business on all prudential regulatory matters building strong internal relationships.
- Act as the point of contact between the PRA and the business.
- Proactively develop a strong working relationship with the PRA and Lloyd’s.
- Work with management to promptly address PRA actions, this will include RMP items, information requests and other ad-hoc issues as they arise
- Lead on the coordination of PRA regulatory reviews as required
- Ensure the governance maps for PRA regulated entities are up to date at all times.
- Complete annual assessments of all regulated entities with compliance against governance requirements e.g. BMA group rules, Lloyd’s minimum standards
- Play a lead role in the ensuring readiness for upcoming Senior Manager and Certification Regime
- Provide ad-hoc training on prudential and governance matters to staff (e.g. conduct standards)
- Produce compliance MI and metrics for the Head of Compliance to report to senior management
- Prepare and submit applications to the PRA / FCA for SIMR and FCA approved person positions
- An In-depth knowledge and experience in insurance is essential with a knowledge of the Lloyd’s market also preferable. Experience in Risk Management, Consulting, Compliance (prudential) or at a prudential regulator would be preferable.
- You will be required to be very comfortable with complex and technical regulations with strong attention to detail.
- An ability to make decisions independently and to then communicate these and to get buy-in from senior stakeholders will be key to success in this role.
- You will need to be solutions driven and comfortable operating independently
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; and
- Ability to prepare senior management, Executive and Board level presentations.
Submit your details for immediate appraisal.