Finance & Operations
November 27, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with one of the world’s top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies to place the role of Management Reporting Lead. The purpose of this role is to lead the monthly/ quarterly management analysis and reporting activity for the clients European Operations, ensuring financial performance reported to both local executive management and the Group is accurate, timely and well supported by insightful commentary and analysis.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- To lead the monthly/ quarterly management reporting activity including:
- Prepare clear P&L analysis to support monthly management reporting.
- Bridging of actual vs claims expected experience and validation of accuracy of claims activity recorded through Reserve Working Group.
- Perform analysis of premium income movements and the impact of FX volatility.
- Completion of the monthly analysis of net claims expense, including current and prior accident year analysis, and roll-forward of net claims provisions by accident year.
- Review and challenge reported results at a total European Operations level.
- Liaise with Finance Business Partners to develop clear strong around reported financial performance.
- Support delivery of quarterly financial performance reprt to CFO, CEO and Group.
- Support the development and tracking of financial performance metrics for inclusion in incentive scheme design.
- Agree and coordinate timetable across key stakeholders (incl. finance and actuarial)
- Perform other ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
A candidate for this role should have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification)
- Financial/ Accounting experience in General Insurance.
- Able to prepare clear commentary at an appropriate level of details for the audience, succinctly bringing out key issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with and influence other teams.
- Commercially focussed, analytical and intellectually curious mind-set.
- Attention to detail and strong planning and organisational skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office and financial systems, including Oracle and TM1.
For more information about this role, contact the team at Edenbrook Partners on 020 7952 1062.