£80000-£100000 / p.a
Finance & Operations
March 3, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with a Lloyd’s insurer to place a Syndicate Financial Reporting Manager. This role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will require a experienced highly skilled and results-driven candidate with specialist knowledge of insurance accounting under IFRS, UK GAAP and ideally US GAAP. Responsible for the management of the quarterly and year-end early close financial reporting process for the company’s Lloyd’s syndicates, assist with reporting for the managing agency, related corporate entities and to the parent company.
The Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Management & effective oversight of the financial processes and controls for the Syndicate including maintenance of all accounting records and the general ledgers managed in-house, Lloyd’s regulatory reporting including QMA/B/C and Solvency II Pillar 3 reporting requirements (Quarterly Solvency Returns (QSR), and Annual Solvency Returns (ASR).
- Preparing management, regulatory and statutory accounts for the Syndicate, including adherence to the group wide early reporting timetables and Group reporting standards and procedures and assisting with year-end Statutory Accounts for other related entities.
- Delivery of accurate management and financial information, including commentary on performance and analysis of variances to the Reporting, Planning and Analytics team, local and Group management.
- Involvement in some project work including supporting the Solvency II roll out
- Implementation of new systems and development of a new “early close” process.
- Responsible for managing a team of approximately four staff in London.
- Proactive approach to look for operational efficiencies and improvements wherever possible
A Successful Candidate for this role will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Extensive experience of financial planning & analysis, corporate & Group reporting in a general insurance environment & ideally Lloyd’s.
- Knowledge of Lloyds regulatory reporting including QMA/B/C and Solvency II Pillar 3 reporting is desirable
If you would like to hear more about this role then contact Edenbrook Partners on 020 7952 1062.