Risk Governance (Audit, Risk & Compliance)
January 26, 2017
Our client, one the UK’s top ten accountancy networks, seek an Internal Auditor to join their London based Governance, Risk and Assurance team.
To join a pool of, part and newly qualified, chartered accountants to deliver high quality audit assignments to clients across a wide selection of sectors including but not limited to; insurance, financial services, central governance and corporate sectors.
Main responsibilities include:
- To assist with the conduct of audits as directed by internal audit management, including a significant amount of testing of financial reporting controls work.
- Ensure a full briefing meeting has been held with the manager on the assignment before work commences.
- Ensure office and on site audit work is carried out, including allocation of work within the designated team, in a professional manner.
- Ensure the work undertaken is in accordance with the approved plan and budget.
- Input audit findings into Pentana, ensure Pentana working papers are fully completed before handover for review.
- Advise manager of job progress, key finding and any developments that may lead to a change of stratergy.
- Respond to client concerns in an effective and efficient manner.
- Compliance with IIA Code of Conduct and any other relevant professional standards.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Must be at least part-qualified ACA/ACCA; will be building on experience in an area of specialism.
- Working knowledge of Pentana.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus.
- Able to influence internal/ external clients and colleagues.