£40000- £50000 / p.a
Finance & Operations
Our Client are a leading and prestigious multinational general insurance group looking for a Tax Analyst to join their Liverpool office.
They are hiring a qualified Tax Accountant (ACA/ACCA) to join their established In house tax team of professionals to provide corporate tax advice to the UK and Group businesses on transactions and other business initiatives.
The purpose of this role is to work alongside the UK finance centre of Excellence and liaise with the compliance and reporting team, the wider UK group and tax colleagues globally as well as partnering with other divisions of the business.
- Liaison between the UK Finance Centre of Excellence in Liverpool and the Horsham compliance and reporting team to ensure smooth hand-offs of information
- Involvement in the preparation of corporation tax returns, annual and quarterly tax reporting and statutory account tax provisions
- Providing support and advice to the Senior Tax Analyst in London and other Group Tax Managers on ad hoc UK and Group projects, transactions, business initiatives
- Timely and accurate Solvency II internal and external submissions on a quarterly and annual basis
- Training and knowledge sharing to ensure adequate understanding of Solvency II requirements across the tax team
- Transfer pricing activities of the UK group
- Preparing reports to meet the needs of internal customers and stakeholders, within agreed timescales
- Ensuring information and interpretation is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible and appropriate format for the audience and business purpose
- Supporting the continuing personal and professional development of the Tax team through coaching, training and appropriate development activities
- Participating in internal (and external) networks of Tax/Finance professionals so as to encourage collaboration, the sharing of knowledge and best practice and facilitate the adoption of common practice world-wide
- Participation in ad-hoc tasks as requested.
- Significant post-qualification experience in corporation tax compliance and reporting with HMRC, the profession or industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of tax law and regulation relating to UK listed and regulated companies
- Knowledge and experience of transfer pricing rules and regulations and BEPS issues
- Experience of working with and developing systems
- Qualified Tax Advisor/Accountant, ACA or ACCA
NB: Insurance/Knowledge of Solvency II is not pre-requisite.
Excellent client and business exposure and opportunities for progression.