March 17, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with a global reinsurer to source a candidate for the role of Head of Internal Audit. This role has senior responsibility over a number of areas including but not limited to the following:
- Lead Internal Audit Function:
- Lead a global independent internal audit function which included the execution of internal audits and special reviews across an international reinsurance business division as well coordinated audit activity at a group level. Lead risk assessment process for developing risk-based audit plans, giving consideration to activities required by regulations for International Internal Auditing Standards and other applicable regulations.
- Manage the Divisional Internal Audit Team:
- Facilitate the team performing audits/ reviews in line with agreed departmental procedures and the IIA standards.
- Ensure that the team has adequate support and guidance to perform their duties and that sufficient opportunities exist for their development.
- Assess skills and training of audit staff to execute audit plan responsibilities.
- Identify and coordinate activities to engage subject matter expertise for audit areas, as necessary.
- Providing leadership guidance and career development to audit staff.
- Recruit relevant staff to ensure there are sufficient resources to deliver on the responsibilities of the team.
- Audit Reporting:
- Create and provide strategic input and oversight to short and long term internal audit plans to ensure appropriate review of key business risks. Regular and effective communication of risk coverage and reporting of audit results and team activities. (i.e. metrics and individual audit results) to executive stake holders, including senior and executive management, audit committees and boards, independent auditors and regulators on a regular basis.
A successful candidate for this role will have the following skills and attributes:
- Certified Accountant or Internal Auditor (or comparable qualification)
- 5 years + of audit experience (internal and/or external audit) or business experience in leadership role with responsibilities for establishing, evaluating and managing internal control systems or finance functions.
- Experience in Re insurance or related platforms.
- Strong skills in managing competing priorities and projects.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and develop a team of audit professionals.
- Ability to identify and recommend solutions to critical issues.
For more information on this role and others, contact the team at Edenbrook on 020 7952 1062.