Finance & Operations
Edenbrook Partners are working with one of the UK’s largest independent insurance brokers to place the ‘Head of Financial Control & Reporting”. The purpose of this role is to ensure key financial results, regulatory/ HMRC reporting and internal technical accounting are reported in a timely and accurate manner. At the same time the role will need to maintain a strong financial internal control framework, maintain relevant Group accounting policies/ procedures and ensure that there is good corporate governance. This is a leading role within the Group’s central finance team and will directly report into the Group Financial Controller.
The Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the preparation of Group monthly consolidated accounts, including holding companies.
- Be responsible for preparation of the Group annual statutory accounts.
- The ability to research into, prepare and maintain Group accounting policies.
- Lead the preparation of annual and quarterly reports for debt investors.
- Act as 1st point of contact for technical accounting support to our subsidiary teams/
- Completing all Group tax returns, working autonomously of closely with the firm’s tax advisors.
- Management of the relationships with our key technical external advisors and ability to disseminate learnings to the appropriate internal audience.
- Lead the internal transfer pricing mechanism, maintain the process/ documentation and ensure Group subsidiaries meet the requirements set out.
- Oversight of all other tax matter that may arise.
- Ad hoc tasks where needed.
A Strong candidate for this role should have the following skills and experience
- Proven experience of financial statement production and completing/ understanding complex tax reporting.
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience in the use of and development of financial modelling systems and reporting packages.
- A good awareness of insurance is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills. Including interaction with people at various levels of the business, the encouragement of participation and the expression of different views and opinions to achieve a well-rounded and full understanding.
- A strong sense of drive and resilience
- Proactive in attitude toward customer service and improving communication.
- A proven ability to influence and negotiate.
For more information on this role contact the team at Edenbrook Partners on 020 7952 1063.