Finance & Operations
June 22, 2018
Working for a Global Life Insurer the role is primarily to consolidate and analyse the Group’s embedded value results, including free surplus, for the delivery of both internal and external accounting products. Working as part of a small team, the role requires a high level of interaction with business units and teams within Group Finance. The role has a strong emphasis on preparing and developing data analytics including those to support the Group’s CFO. The successful candidate will also be expected to support other items on the Financial Accounting team’s agenda including implementing new external reporting requirements and making changes to existing reporting to reflect best practice.
Core Competences Required:
- Chartered Accountant or CIMA / ACCA qualified with relevant post qualification experience
- Financial services experience, with exposure to life assurance an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including navigating complex accounting issues
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and manage product delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to build effective relationships and liaise and communicate effectively with stakeholders across different specialisms and different levels of seniority,
- Attention to detail and accuracy, together with an ability to focus on the big picture
- Proactive and self-driven: able to work to plan and co-ordinate activities effectively
- Intermediate level of Excel and powerpoint experience.