Edenbrook Partners are working with a large International warranty provider to find a suitable candidate for the position of Group Reporting Accountant. The Purpose of this role is to assist the Head of Reporting, primarily with external reporting requirements, but also provide assistance as and when required on other work-streams when external reporting requirements are met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and management information.
• Preparation of quarterly reports for and analysis of numbers presented
• Planning and guidance/preparation of quarterly review and annual audit processes
• Provide support and direction for company accountants and other areas of finance
• Prepare holding company statutory accounts
• Prepare Group consolidated statutory accounts
• Prepare debt compliance certificates and workings
• Prepare any other external reports as required – Office of National Statistics and ratings agencies, among others.
• Technical review of external reporting requirements and analysis of the impacts thereof
• Share responsibility for maintaining financial controls and enhanced processes.
A successful candidate for the role will have the following skills:
• Good experience of consolidation and group reporting.
• IFRS and UK GAAP with specific insurance accounting knowledge.
• Strong competency working with Excel.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work effectively to strict deadlines.
• Ability to make day to day accounting decisions and solve accounting issues and problems.
• Excellent attention to detail, highly organised but flexible approach to work.