Finance & Operations
June 14, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with an international client, who specialises in Life Insurance and Investments, to place the role of Group Financial Reporting Accountant. This role is situated in the Group Financial Reporting team, whose main responsibilities are the group‘s external reporting to markets and regulators. This is a varied role that is predominantly related to IFRS group results, but with an element of Solvency II work and involvement in other finance projects.
The core responsibilities of this role include:
- Ownership of the relationship with key stakeholders in business unit finance teams and other head office functions, to coordinate aspects of the Group reporting.
- Gathering data from business units and third parties, consolidating, reviewing and analysing the results.
- Primary responsibility for producing several Group financial statements disclosures.
- Providing detailed information and analysis for Solvency II reporting purposes, with responsibility for specific Group reporting templates.
- Ongoing issue- resolutions and process improvement, including supporting finance professionals across the Group’s business units.
- Liaising with the group Financial Accounting team to drive the resolution of technical accounting matters and to explain and react to technical changes.
- Providing detailed analysis for senior management and executives, liaising with other head office teams, especially Financial Planning & Reporting, Investor Relations and Group Risk as necessary.
A Candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience
- A professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
- Experience in Financial Services
- Desirable experience in the Insurance industry.
- Excellent skills in Excel.
For more information about this role contact the team at Edenbrook Partners on 020 7952 1062.