Finance & Operations
October 10, 2019
In the role you will assist the FP&A Accountant with the financial planning and analysis of the UK group, including Syndicate insurance business. To help satisfy the finance MI reporting requirements of the UK group and ensure the timely submission of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reports to management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist with the production, development and circulation of the monthly UMC P&L information for all business classes and International offices, which includes:
—-GAAP P&L production including commentary on variance analysis against budget
—-Production of premium and brokerage analysis; review of accounts, identifying trends and seasonality, categorisation of accounts between binder and non-binder
- Responsible for keeping up to date various analysis files that are used to review the insurance business P&L at a granular level of detail – attention to detail is required here to ensure all figures are being extracted from underlying systems as expected and to assist with the GAAP P&L variance analysis
- Assist with production and modelling of UK expense plans and reforecasts
- Assist with the production and development of the monthly expense reports for all cost centres of the business within the UK
- Assist with production of all finance MI for the wider business, exec and board, including assisting with production of monthly and quarterly finance pack. To support the MI department where required
- Excellent insurance technical and analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of Excel.
- Previous experience with MI within an insurance company is required
- Experience with PowerBI and Anaplan would be an advantage
- Experience liaising with key stakeholders, including directors, underwriters and external advisors is desirable.