Edenbrook Partners are working with a multinational reinsurer who are seeking a candidate to fill the role of Financial Reporting Accountant. The purpose of this role is to support the Financial Controls Manager in complying with Solvency II Pilar 3 reporting, and also to support the European side of the business in performing controls and accounting for various month end and quarter end tasks.
The Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
– Performing month and quarterly end accounting and control for US GAAP and IFRS reporting basis, including but not limited to:
o Technical provisions
o Reinsurance Receivables and Payables
o Corporation tax
– Responsible for preparing technical accounting papers to support accounting treatment under US GAAP, IFRS and Solvency II.
– Ad hoc projects and requests from Director. Financial Control and Treasury or Financial Control Manager.
– Managing the quarterly and annual reporting process by ensuring deadlines are met jointly by the Finance and Corporate Actuarial Department.
– Maintaining and regularly updating the Solvency II Policy Documents.
– Preparing Board and Audit Committee Packs as required.
– Being the first point of contact for the auditors.
– Preparing and presenting Quarterly and Annual MI Packs to senior management, CFO and Chief Actuary.
A Candidate for this role should have the following skills and qualifications:
– Newly qualified ACA working in the Audit department of a Big 6 accounting firm.
– Ability to produce high quality work within agreed deadlines.
– Ability to manage expectations of managers and stake holder.
– Ability to deal with non-standard requests.
– A desire to develop technical knowledge and skills.
– Able to take responsibility for the quality, completeness and accuracy of work.