Finance & Operations
September 5, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with a leading wealth management firm, based in Southampton, who are looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis Specialist to provide insight and analysis of key financial metrics, on an actual, forecast and plan basis. This individual will support the CFO, Board and Executive Comity to inform business decisions.
The Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide Support, understanding of financial metrics, KPIs and business plan to the CFO.
- Analyse, monitor, understand and predict the impact of key variables on the financial metrics of the business.
- Support the delivery of the annual business plan, Strategic Target Setting (STS) and monthly forecasts for Old Mutual Wealth.
- Provision of the businesses level financial management information such as monthly business review packs, Board reports and Exco papers. This actively is likely to include pan-functional co-ordination.
- Provide support to benchmarking and peer analysis, to include within MI, to contextualise the actual and planned results.
- Provide MI for external reporting or the Annual report, preliminary and interim external announcements.
- Support the “Managed Separation” process and relevant workstreams, including production of MI and analysis, pro-formas and projections where relevant.
- Provision of ad hoc management information.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships within the business, supporting them in the understanding of their finances and financial impact of actions.
A suitable candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or actuarial qualification (FIA/FFA/AIA)
- Strong knowledge of Finance.
- Experience of working within Financial Services.
- Good understanding of the clients product set and business model (ask consultant for info)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate complex financials in a straightforward way.
- Inquisitive and driven to understand the underlying patterns and movements of key metrics.
- High level of personal confidence, able to deliver through knowledge, influence, collaboration, facilitations and negotiation at all levels.
- A “Team Player” attitude.
For more information on this role contact the team at Edenbrook on 020 7952 1062