Finance & Operations
October 3, 2019
Recruiting on behalf of a specialist Insurer is seeking a qualified Accountant to join them on a 12 month fixed term contract. You will support the Financial Reporting manager with preparing the quarterly and annual Solvency II, Lloyd’s and CAA returns.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Owning the production of the annual report and accounts for the Lloyd’s Syndicate, UK insurance company and other group companies.
- Owning the production of service company Board reports on a half yearly basis.
- Supporting the production of Solvency II reporting for the UK and Luxembourg companies and the Lloyd’s Syndicate on a quarterly and annual basis. This includes the SFCR & RSR.
- Performing monthly checks on the integrity of the general ledger, including high level reviews of Company TB’s at each month end and assisting in any fixes where required.
- Ensuring monthly ledger reconciliations are performed and submitted by all accounting teams.
- Maintain adequate controls in line with group policies and SOX requirements, including year-end SOX testing.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong knowledge of insurance accounting (preferably both company market and Lloyd’s),
- Demonstrated understanding of business objectives and the market in which we operate.
- Demonstrate good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Excel user skills.