Finance & Operations
March 29, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with a leading wealth management company to place a Financial Risk Manager. The purpose of this role is to facilitate the completion of the Financial Controls program; to ensure that management meet their regulatory requirements in ensuring internal controls, over financial and regulatory reporting, are designed properly and operating effectively.
The Key Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Operating as a key Finance Controls contact for finance, the business, internal and external auditors, management and the internal controls forum.
- Perform the annual Financial Controls scoping process to ensure appropriate coverage for the Group, including involvement of key stakeholders and the business.
- Perform walkthrough of high risk and changed processes to assess adequacy of control design. Perform operational effectiveness testing.
- Develop and communicate the annual Financial Controls timeline to include testing and certification deadlines. Oversee testing administration.
- Liaise with management to ensure flowchart, controls and test details are understood to support ownership of SOX controls.
- Prepare written deliverables for the Internal Controls Committee and present on SOX testing status and progress, with deficiencies identified, action items, un-remediated deficiencies and items of concern etc. Prepare initial drafts for Audit Committee papers.
A Successful Candidate for this role will have the following Skills, Experience and Attributes
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field.
- A professional qualification in accounting or control (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA/ IIA) or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively.
- Proven ability to meet reporting deadlines.
- Organisation and time management skills.
For more information on this role and others contact the team at Edenbrook Partners