£45,000 - £60,000 / p.a
Finance & Operations
January 20, 2017
A leading Insurer in the Lloyd’s Market is looking for a Finance Business Partner to join their team in the City.
This role is a key component of the Group Finance team. The successful candidate will have direct responsibility:
- To be a Business Partner to the Underwriting Departments
- To analyse, review and develop Group and Syndicate MI
- Be the Finance relationship manager for the Underwriting team
- Full ownership of P & L – including all technical and non technical P & L items
- Involvement in the business planning process with the underwriting teams
- Reviewing, analysing and delivering the following MI to the Underwriting Team and working with them to provide suitable commentary and where appropriate approval in a timely and professional manner as suitable for the report type and audience:
- Flash and MI Dashboard
- Quarterly Forecast (Technical and non technical)
- Annual Budget (Technical and non technical)
- Support the delivery of ad hoc requests to the MI team including, but not limited to, analytical MI, report development and system and process development
- Review of the quarterly forecast for the 3 open years ultimate result by syndicate and by UW team. This informs exec, BFL board conversations with Lloyds and capital providers.
The ideal candidates will have strong analytical and problem solving abilities to be able to communicate at the highest levels as well as the following:
- Experienced qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Insurance/Lloyd’s experience
- Computer skills: excellent advanced working knowledge of Excel (Macros / VBA) and Access
- Understanding of GAAP reporting
To be considered for the above position, please apply to this job ad or send your CV to email@example.com
The services advertised by Edenbrook Partners Limited are those of an Employment Agency (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.