Risk Governance (Audit, Risk & Compliance)
July 13, 2018
We are currently partnered with a well-known global practice firm who are looking to add a strong auditor to their Insurance team, based here in the City of London. The team are needing to add a new team member due to the increasing amount of business they are retaining and so keen to meet individuals who have the required skill set and drive to continue in the successful growth period.
The firm specialises in offering accountancy services (external audit, internal audit and advisory) across a multitude of sectors, and specifically for this role, within the insurance sector.
Joining the Insurance department, you will be expected to work across mandates within the insurance sector covering both life and general risk carriers, brokers and corporates which will include both internal and external audit services (this will include all non-audit work such as corporate finance, consultancy, regulatory compliance and forensic accounting.
With a great reputation in the market and with continual growth, the team is looking to hire a candidate that progressing their career and achievements is fundamental to them – this is a function that will allow demonstrable growth in their career and also a great amount of responsibility at an early stage.
Joining the team, you will manage a portfolio from the get go and be tasked with delivery top tier client service in delivering engagements on time and within budget. Core responsibilities will include:
- Manage the audit process in accordance with ISAs, including preparation and monitoring of budgets, timescales and deadlines, ensuring that significant risks are identified and addressed, review of all working papers and ensuring high quality draft reports and management reporting
- Maintaining the highest level of audit quality as many clients fall under FRC scope
- Be driven and excited at the opportunity to develop themselves and the insurance team
- Be technically able to develop a detailed understanding and knowledge of the insurance sector with the medium to long term goal of developing niche expertise in a chosen area to become a leading expert within the market
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of ISAs, UK GAAP and/or IFRS
- Be self-sufficient and driven being able to work independently, to execute work plans and manage portfolio with minimal guidance from Partners/RIs
- Identify and resolve potential obstacles in achieving objectives
- Take responsibility for technical matters and resolve any problems or issues as they arise
- Responsible for day-to-day staff planning, ensuring the right level of technically qualified staff are booked on to each audit assignment for the appropriate amount of time
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Insurance Experience
- Strong audit experience. Must be able to demonstrate experience of and excellence in technically challenging engagements and managing multiple engagements
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Able to influence internal clients / colleagues
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7952 1065