££60k - £75k Base + Bonus + Benefits / p.a
Risk Governance (Audit, Risk & Compliance)
The primary role of the Compliance Monitoring Manager is to manage and assist in the activities of the Compliance department. In this role you will have the opportunity to join a newly re-formed compliance monitoring team. You will develop methodologies, procedures and policies while working closely with your senior manager and the Head of Compliance.
Timely preparation (and submission when appropriate) of:
- standard reports, returns and notifications to be submitted to regulator
- non-standard reports and documentation requested by regulators
- non-standard notifications and reports to be submitted to regulators
- applications and notifications under the Approved Persons / SIMR regime
- maintenance of firm’s licences and permissions (including FOS & FOE)
- maintenance of the Corporate Calendar
- management of the various Compliance registers and related procedures, including:
- conflicts of interest
- gifts & entertainment
- breaches and incident
- management of departmental filing, including communications with regulators
- preparation of briefing material in connection with meetings with regulators
- content management for Compliance pages on intranet site
Relevant compliance and/or audit qualifications beneficial but not essential.
- Candidates should have a strong knowledge of the insurance industry, especially non-life sectors. They must also have a good understanding of FCA/PRA requirements
- Working knowledge of European regulatory environment would be advantageous
- The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work well within a team. They should be adept at managing competing priorities with excellent time management and organisation skills. The candidate should also have strong inter-personnel skills and be skilled at communicating compliance and regulatory issues to key stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.