Risk Governance (Audit, Risk & Compliance)
July 14, 2017
A large international insurer is currently seeking a compliance manager to focus on the operational aspect – to head up and deliver the compliance plan for the whole structure. Business partnering with the “Head of” and “Deputy Head of” in addition to the other senior managers.
Ideally this role would suite a candidate with previous exposure to managing compliance projects within a complex group reporting structure. Team management experience would be advantageous given the setup of the team and the nature of the role. Mostly based in London with minimum travel to EMEA.
- Manage and assist in the development, implementation, delivery and training in responses to key changes in laws and regulatory changes affecting all the European entities.
- To Manage the delivery of programmes of work assigned to the Compliance Department by the firms’ governing bodies, including: the preparation of proposals to the firms’ governing bodies regarding programmes of work considered necessary
- assisting / leading the design of approved programmes of work
- managing / co-ordinating the delivery of approved programmes of work
- co-ordination of activities assigned to the involved in the delivery of programmes of work
- the preparation of programme delivery plans, timetables and status reports
- To assist in updating Board Policies when they come up for renewal , including , drafting , gaining Board approval, roll-out and implementation and training
- Regulatory liaison, not limited to; co-ordination regulatory briefing packs, note taking and writing up and co-ordinating the themes document.
- Manage assigned programmes of work, and ensure delivery is in accordance with time agreed timescales and programme objectives are met.
- To assist in updating Board Policies when they come up for renewal, including, drafting, gaining
- Board approval, roll-out and implementation and training.
- Maintain documentation of changes to scope, timelines, milestones and deliverables and identify dependency implications.
- Develop communication documents detailing implementation progress for key stakeholders and senior management, including regular reporting.
- Working with the wider Compliance team in London and Continental Europe to process the Compliance Plan and act as deputy to the Senior Manager Programme and operations when required. To support Compliance function in Eurasia and Africa.
- To provide general assistance to the Head of Compliance and Senior Compliance Manager programmes and Operations and the rest of the Programmes and Operations team.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing compliance administrative functions and compliance related programmes of work in a financial services environment.
- Excellent employee and stakeholder management skills.
- In-depth understanding of FCA / PRA requirements and working knowledge of European regulatory environment.
- Relevant education and professional qualifications would be advantageous