Risk Governance (Audit, Risk & Compliance)
June 25, 2018
A well-known Underwriter in the heart of Lloyd’s is currently seeking a compliance assistant to join their well-established team. This is a generalist role that will allow you to grow into the number two and run the day to day compliance processes.
Working closely with senior compliance manager you will need to actively develop positive relationships within the business to ensure the compliance process is fully embedded and promote a positive compliance culture. In addition to your core responsibilities you will also be awarded opportunities to participate in and contribute to compliance related projects and working groups as they arise.
- Monitor and analyse developments in applicable legislation, regulation and rules, and escalate emerging compliance risks within the compliance function.
- Contribute to the development of the annual Compliance Plan for approval by the Board.
- Contribute to the delivery of the agreed Compliance Plan.
- Take ownership of the day-to-day compliance issues, supporting teams across the business.
- Manage the business timetable.
- Prepare non-financial regulatory and quasi-regulatory returns, applications and notifications, and other external information requests.
- Produce reports and MI for the Board and relevant committees.
- Investigate all complaints from customers and propose suitable resolutions.
- Conduct broker and coverholder due diligence, escalating adverse findings within the compliance function.
- Take ownership of the compliance intranet page, ensuring it is kept up to date with relevant information.
- Populate the business’s conflicts of interest and gifts and hospitality registers, escalating conflicts within the compliance function.
- Assist in the monitoring of compliance with Lloyd’s minimum standards
- 1yrs + insurance experience in a Compliance role, ideally from Lloyd’s
- Analytical and detail orientated
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Good organisational skills
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel and Word (vlookups & pivot tables)
- Achieved or working towards CII qualification