Risk Governance (Audit, Risk & Compliance)
July 13, 2017
One of the world’s biggest supplier of non-life insurance is currently seeking a compliance manager. The main purpose of the role is to provide day to day compliance advice and support to the business. Including reactive activities such as the review and approval of materials (financial promotions, product literature, due diligence, etc.); the provision of general and technical compliance advice and remediation support.
Skills and Experience:
- Maintain an excellent technical knowledge of relevant regulations, keeping up to speed with new developments and the latest regulatory position. Share this knowledge across the team. Provide guidance to the business in understanding evolving regulations to ensure that they adapt / comply. This will involve assessing the impact of regulatory developments.
- Undertake a critical assessment of documents submitted to Compliance, and approval of these where required under the Compliance Department’s procedures. Provide guidance and instructions on matters referred to Compliance, including in relation to Compliance related policies and the Code of Conduct. Liaise with Legal or SMEs within the team as necessary.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the business. Attend key business meetings. Be responsive, working to the department’s service level agreements. Where necessary, negotiate and influence to ensure compliance.
- Provide classroom based training and participate in the development and maintenance of the suite of standard online training modules. .
- Contribute to the maintenance of team procedures, the Compliance Manual and their communication to the business.
- University Degree (desirable)
- Working to or attained CERT CII/CII
- Experience of insurance industry is very important
- The candidate should have a strong knowledge of the insurance industry, especially non-life sectors. They must also have a good understanding of the UK regulatory environment. Some knowledge and experience of other regulatory environments in Europe, the Middle East or Africa desirable
- The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work well within a team. Strong inter-personnel skills and be skilled at communicating compliance and regulatory issues to key stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.