|Edenbrook Partners are working with a Lloyd’s insurer to place a Business Support Accountant. This role reports directly to the Head of FP&A and will require an experienced driven candidate who has the confidence and capability to communicate with all aspects of the Business.
The Key Responsibilities of this role include:
– Coordinate the monthly expense close and reporting process to a timetable, including working closely with business cost centre owners to prepare commentary.
– Support the business leaders in the annual expense budget preparation and the preparation of periodic re-forecasts.
– Ensure accurate recording of accruals and prepayments.
– Ensure accurate accounting for fixed assets and depreciation.
– Identify expense coding inconsistencies and resolve, close liaison with the AP team to ensure accurate expense recording in the ledger.
– Maintain the cost centre structures in PeopleSoft to enable reporting on business as usual activity versus specific initiatives.
– Support the management of the relationship with key vendors to gain value for Navigators.
– Understand and maintain expense allocation statistics.
– Complete quarterly reporting and reconciliation deliverables as assigned.
A Successful Candidate for this role will have the following skills and qualifications:
– Extensive experience of financial planning & analysis and expenses.
– Demonstrated strong self-motivation and initiative Demonstrated ability to own business problems and deliver solutions to completion.
– Experience in a Finance department, preferably in Expense or Management accounting.
– Experience of use of a major General Ledger system (PeopleSoft or similar).
– Part, nearly or newly qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA) or qualified.
If you would like to hear more about this role then contact Edenbrook Partners on 020 7952 1067.