Finance & Operations
April 7, 2017
Edenbrook Partners are working with a market leading global (re)insurer to place the role of Assistant Investment Accountant. The primary purpose of this role is to assist with the reconciliation, review and reporting of the Group’s investment portfolio, to support the monthly preparation and reconciliation of the investment accounting within all source and reporting systems, and to deliver key tasks within the Group, delivering accurate reporting and supplementary schedules.
The Key Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To ensure the timely, complete and accurate delivery of the accounting and reprinting data and to understand its content.
- To work closely with the parent company to ensure all accountabilities are delivered on a timely basis.
- To assist with the Group reporting to Fairfax delivering accurate reporting and supplementary schedules.
- To perform necessary assurance and reconciliation work.
- To perform the cash matching and custodian reconciliations alongside the Cash Assistant Accountant
- To assist with the new portfolio set-up and maintenance of a custodian master list.
- To assist with managing posting to the investment accounting platform, ensuring the integrity of its inputs and outputs.
A successful candidate for this role should have the following skills and experience
- A numerate degree of either a 2:1 or higher.
- A genuine interest in investments and accounting.
- A desire to undertake a professional accounting qualification.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision to a high standard.
- The ability to work well in a team environment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS ROLE CONTACT THE TEAM AT EDENBROOK ON 020 7952 1062.